Ampere Chart Specs
Model - AF-Series SSA-84 Steam Generator
Max Room Size (cubic Feet) 84
KW - 6KW
Input Voltage - 208V - 240VAC Single Phase
Maximum Amperage - 28Amps
Electrical Connection ï¾– NEMA 6-30P
Location and Installation
- Select a location as near as practical to the steam room, within 50 feet.
- Install steam bath generator in an upright position only.
- Provide a minimum of (12) inches at both ends and top of the steam generator or as required for servicing.
- Water Supply (3/8" NPT)
- Steam Outlet (1/2" NPT)
- Safety Valve (3/4" NPT)
*Locate steam head 6 -12 inches above floor
*For tub/shower enclosures, install 6 inches above tub top edge
All electrical wiring to be installed by a qualified licensed electrician in accordance with National Electrical code.
1. Check power voltage. Use 240V rate unit when supply is greater than 208V. (Most homes have 240V, 1PH service). Use 208V rated unit for 208V power.
2. Use minimum 90C/300V rated insulated copper conductors only, type THHN or equal sized in accordance with National Electrical Code and local electrical code for the Amps in Ampere Chart. If allowed by code, NM cable may require a larger wire size than as listed on the chart.
3. Connect suitably sized equipment grounding wire to ground terminal provided.
4. Install a separate circuit breaker between supply and unit. Provide a power supply disconnect within sigth of the steam generator or one that is capable of being locked in the open position.
5. For single phase units, use two-wire supply source and equipment grounding wire. Neutral (white) wire is not required.